BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical) qualification gives you the knowledge, understanding and skills that are need to prepare for employment or higher qualifications.
|Course Code:||L3E-D03 (TJH22)|
|Award:||BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical) – 6 unit|
|Study Time / Duration:||Flexible – up to 360 Hours / 24 months|
|Requirements:||Age – Min. 16 Yrs|
You could work in a variety of industries and on different projects. For example, you might be involved in factory maintenance, oil/gas industry or the design/installation of mechanical machines. You could be responsible for making sure the pumps and valves in the water distribution networks deliver clean water to homes and businesses. Or you may work in manufacturing, designing and testing improvements to the product material, or plant and equipment.
We currently offer a standard 6 unit Diploma with the option to upgrade to a 9 unit Diploma if further knowledge and UCAS points are required. Both will be accepted as meeting the entry requirements to our proposed HNC/HND Engineering courses, which we plan to launch in 2017.
6 Unit Diploma (up to 56 new UCAS points)
You can find out more about the content of this Mechanical Diploma by clicking on the units below:
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Applications of Mechanical Systems in Engineering
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Engineering Secondary and Finishing Techniques
- Engineering Drawing for Technicians
Click ‘Add to cart’ below to start your enrolment – £850 full payment
Select the cart below, if you would prefer to pay by direct debit. You can pay £100 deposit, followed by 10 x £85 monthly payments. (We will contact you with direct debit arrangements) – £100 deposit
Although all your course material will be available online; if you would also like a paper copy of the course material, select the cart below for 6 unit Diploma course material (paper copy) – £55:
Diploma ‘Upgrade’ – additional 3 units
If you already have 3 or 6 BTEC certificate/diploma, you can upgrade your course to the next level (6 or 9 unit diploma) by completing only 3 additional units
Click ‘Add to cart’ below to add 3 unit upgrade – £450 full payment
Note your BTEC registration will also need upgraded (£90) – see reg. fee support page
Each unit is further split into bite sized topics to make studying easier via our online Moodle education platform. You will be have 2 assessments for each unit. The above prices exclude the Edexcel BTEC registration fee. If you have specific diploma unit requirements which are different than those listed above, please indicate these on your PayPal instructions and enrolment form, and also indicate if the corse is for another person.
As a mechanical engineer, your day-to-day duties will vary according to the job but could include:
- turning research ideas into technical plans, using a range of new materials an mechanical systems
- monitoring and analysis of mechanical systems and equipment to see if they’re working properly
- researching and assessing new products and innovations
- presenting design plans and data to managers and clients
- supporting the contract team when bidding for new work
- overseeing maintenance programmes and quality control