BTEC Level 3 Award in Advanced Engineering (6-unit) gives you the knowledge, understanding and skills that are need to prepare for employment or higher qualifications.
|Course Code:||L3E-AME1 (CGSM4)|
|Format:||On-line distance learning|
|Award:||BTEC Level 3 Award in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering – 6 unit*|
|Study Time / Duration:||Flexible – up to 360 Hours / 24 months|
|Requirements:||Age – Min. 16 Yrs|
In 2013, the UK government began to reform skills training, with the aim of making them more rigorous and responsive to employers’ needs. Pearson (Edexcel) has been working closely with employer groups, referred to as Trailblazers, in the development of technical knowledge at BTEC level 3. These qualifications were designed to meet the requirements of an engineering apprenticeship and also to prepare students for progression to a range of higher education programmes. Under government business and educational rules, these qualifications have been designed to be:
- relevant to individuals and employers and affordable for all sizes of business and for individuals
- rigorous and based on a robust future-looking occupational standard designed and assessed by the sector
- recognised as worthy of investment, giving a clear signal of the economically valuable skills, knowledge and understanding required in an occupation now and in the future.
Tecol has now been accredited by Pearson to offer these qualifications including this new BTEC 6-unit Award (NQF), which is an alternative to the older 6-unit diploma (QCF). This new 6-unit award provides a greater choice of technical units and progression paths, such as HNC
Two of the frameworks used in the UK are the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). These frameworks are regulated to ensure that all qualifications within the frameworks are of a high quality and meet the needs of students, employers and higher education.
BTEC Level 3 Engineering Award (6 Unit course) – Qualification number (QN): 601/9053/X
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge) qualification gives learners the opportunity to:
● develop core skills in communication, mathematics, health and safety in the engineering workplace
● develop the technical knowledge, understanding and skills required to meet the needs of the learner/employer
● achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 qualification.
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Communication for engineering technicians
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
Plus choose any 3 technical units from the list below* (These can be specified on your enrollment form)
- (8) Mechanical Principles of Engineering Systems
- (9) Applications of Mechanical Systems in Engineering
- (14) Advanced Mechanical Principles and Applications
- (16) Engineering Secondary and Finishing Techniques
- (19) Selecting and Using Programmable Controllers (PLC1)
- (28) Electrical Technology
- (29) Electrical Installation
- (31) Features and Applications of Electrical Machines
- (32) Three-phase Motors and Drives
- (24) Principles and Applications of Electronic Devices and Circuits
- (71) Principles and Applications of Analogue Electronics
- (72) Construction and Applications of Digital Systems*
- (6) Further Engineering Mathematics*
- (12) Engineering Drawing for Technicians.
- (65) Engineering Design*
- (41) Vehicle Electronic Ancillary and Information Systems*
- (47) Electrical and Electronic Principles for Vehicle Technology*
- (48) Vehicle Engine Management Systems*
Note, vehicle units will require access to vehicles and appropriate garage equipment to meet the practical assessment criteria
*Under development and not currently available
Select ‘Add to cart’ below to start your Diploma enrolment – £1050:
If you would prefer to pay your 6-unit Award by direct debit, select the cart below. You can pay £195 deposit, followed by 10 x £90 monthly payments. (We will contact you with direct debit arrangements):
3 unit upgrade to 6 unit BTEC level 3 Award in Engineering
If you already have already completed 3 BTEC level 3 units such as those listed above, you may be able to upgrade to a BTEC 6-unit Award by completing only 3 additional units. These may be core, technical or a mix of units depending on your current qualifications
Click ‘Add to cart’ below to add 3 units to upgrade from 3 to 6 units – £650 full payment
Click ‘Add to cart’ below, if you would prefer to pay your upgrade by direct debit. You can pay £195 deposit, followed by 10 x £55 monthly payments. (We will contact you with direct debit arrangements) – £195 deposit
Each unit is further split into bite sized topics to make studying easier via our online Moodle education platform. You will be have 2 assessments for each unit. The above prices include the Edexcel BTEC registration fee.
These qualifications are supported by:
● the Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing Apprenticeship Employer Group, which includes, Jaguar Land Rover, Toyota, Ford, BMW, Vauxhall, Aston Martin, Nissan, GTA England
● the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) professional society for the engineering and technology community
● the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) professional engineering institution
● Semta, the Sector Skills Council for the Engineering sector
● the National Forum of Engineering Centres (NFEC).
For further information on this qualification see