BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Engineering (9-unit Mechanical pathway) gives you the knowledge, understanding and skills that are need to prepare for employment or higher qualifications.
|Course Code:||L3E-AME9M (CGSM4)|
|Course & BTEC Reg. Fees||£1425.00 (or £120/mth)|
|Format:||On-line distance learning|
|Award:||BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Engineering (Mechanical) – 9 unit*|
|Study Time / Duration:||Flexible – up to 540 Hours|
|Requirements:||Age: 18+ Yrs|
In 2013, the UK government began to reform skills training, with the aim of making them more rigorous and responsive to employers’ needs. Pearson (Edexcel) has been working closely with employer groups, referred to as Trailblazers, in the development of technical knowledge at BTEC level 3. These qualifications were designed to meet the requirements of an engineering apprenticeship and also to prepare students for progression to a range of higher education programmes. Under government business and educational rules, these qualifications have been designed to be:
- relevant to individuals and employers and affordable for all sizes of business and for individuals
- rigorous and based on a robust future-looking occupational standard designed and assessed by the sector
- recognised as worthy of investment, giving a clear signal of the economically valuable skills, knowledge and understanding required in an occupation now and in the future.
Tecol has now been accredited by Pearson to offer these BTEC qualifications including this 9-unit Certificate. This new 9-unit course provides a greater choice of technical units and direct progression paths, such as HNC/D with pass grades
There is a great demand in industry for engineers , where mechanical engineering is concerned with the design, construction and operation of machines, structures and industrial plant used in a very wide range of industries.
BTEC 9 Unit Cerificate (BTEC Level 3 on-line engineering course) – Qualification number (QN): 601/9049/8
- Applications of Mechanical Systems in Engineering
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Engineering Secondary and Finishing Techniques
- Engineering Drawing for Technicians
- Principles and Applications of Fluid Mechanics
- Principles and Applications of Thermodynamics
Select ‘Add to cart’ below to start your certificate enrolment Full payment – £1425:
If you would prefer to pay your certificate by direct debit, select the cart below. You can pay £120 deposit, followed by 12 x £120 monthly payments. (We will contact you with direct debit arrangements) Deposit – £120:
Although all your course material will be available online; if you would also like a paper copy of the certificate course material, select the cart below for 9 unit course material (paper copy) – £75:
Certificate ‘Upgrade’ (6 to 9 units)- additional 3 units
If you already have a 6 BTEC unit award, you can upgrade your course to the next level (9 unit certificate) by completing only 3 additional units
Click ‘Add to cart’ below to add 3 unit upgrade – £550 full payment (includes BTEC reg fee upgrade)
Note your BTEC registration is included so no need to upgrade it
*Full Certificate title is: BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge) (BTEC NQF)
(Note: these qualifications have replaced the older QCF 9-unit diploma)
These qualifications are supported by:
● the Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing Apprenticeship Employer Group, which includes, Jaguar Land Rover, Toyota, Ford, BMW, Vauxhall, Aston Martin, Nissan, GTA England
● the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) professional society for the engineering and technology community
● the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) professional engineering institution
● Semta, the Sector Skills Council for the Engineering sector
● the National Forum of Engineering Centres (NFEC).
For further information on this qualification see
Each unit is further split into bite sized topics to make studying easier via our online Moodle education platform. You will be have 2 assessments for each unit. The above now prices include the Pearson/Edexcel BTEC registration fee. If you have specific unit requirements which are different than those listed above, please indicate these on your enrolment form and discuss with your tutor.