BTEC Level 3 – Certificate in Engineering (Electrical & Electronic pathway) – 9 unit
A BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Engineering (9-unit Electrical & Electronic) qualification gives you the knowledge, understanding and skills that are need to prepare for employment or higher qualifications.
|Course Code:||L3E-AME9E (CGSM4)|
|Course & BTEC Reg. fees||£1495.00 (or £110/mth)|
|Format:||On-line distance learning|
|Award:||BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Engineering (Electrical & Electronic) – 9 unit*|
|Study Time: / Duration||Flexible – up to 540 Hours|
|Requirements:||Age: 18+ Yrs|
BTEC level 3: 9 Unit Certificate – Electrical and Electronic Pathway
Up to 72 UCAS points
Electronic and electrical engineers are highly employable and can find work in many areas, including the electronics, automotive, IT, gaming, telecoms, manufacturing, power, transport, utilities and construction industries. These qualifications were designed to meet the requirements of engineering apprenticeships and up-skilling of existing employees. They also can also provide a progression route to a range of higher education programmes such as HNC, HND and degree. This qualification has therefore been designed to be:
- relevant to individuals and employers and affordable for all sizes of business and for individuals
- rigorous and based on a robust future-looking occupational standards.
Tecol is a fully accredited Pearson BTEC centre.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering is all about designing, developing and maintaining electrical and electronic systems. Today’s modern society is dependent on highly skilled technicians and engineers provide and maintain a wide range of ‘high tech’ machines and equipment. This qualification aims to further broaden your technical knowledge in this field of engineering with more relevant subjects. This 9 unit course offers a balanced programme of electronics, with electrical systems and machines. You can find out more about the content of this on-line course by clicking on the 9 units below:
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Electrical Technology
- Features and Applications of Electrical Machines
- Electrical Installation **
- Electrical and Electronic Principles *
- Selecting and Programming PLCs
- Engineering Drawing for Technicians.
Each unit is further split into bite sized topics to make studying easier via our online Moodle education platform. You will be have 2 assessments for each unit.
* EEP requires access to some electronic components and instruments – see Support pages on Kits & equipment. Note: It looks like a new company (Emerson) has bought National Instruments (Multisim) over and have further restricted the number of components they offer free to only 5. If you want to do more with Multisim-live then you will need to pay them (approx £2.50/mth or £25/yr). However there is a free 45 day trial (which might cover your EEP study period) for the laptop version, Alternative circuit simulation softwares are Tinkercad and Yenka.
** Electrical installation is also a practical unit and will require some materials to be purchased from your local DIY store (under £100).
These qualifications are supported by:
- The Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing Apprenticeship Employer Group, which includes, Jaguar Land Rover, Toyota, Ford, BMW, Vauxhall, Aston Martin, Nissan, GTA England
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) professional society for the engineering and technology community
- The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) professional engineering institution
- Semta, The Sector Skills Council for the Engineering sector
- The National Forum of Engineering Centres (NFEC).
To get started and enrolled please select payment choice (all prices include BTEC registration fee):
|Full Payment:||£1495 single payment|
|Payment Plan:||£110 deposit followed by 14 monthly payments of £110|
Although all your course material will be available online; you will require some hardware components to complete the practical elements of some units. We will provide a list of components needed, but if you would like us to provide the electronics kit , select the cart below for Electronics Practical Kit – £50:
(You will also require an oscilloscope / signal generator to complete some measurement elements of the Electrical Electronic Principles unit. We will provide a details of suitable instruments within the unit)
If you already have 6-unit BTEC Award, you can upgrade to the next level (9 units) by completing only 3 additional units
|Upgrade Full Payment||Addional 3 Units £550 single payment|
|Upgrade Payment Plan:||Additional 3 Units £100 deposit followed by 10 monthly payments of £50|
Note your BTEC registration will be upgraded, and is now included in the above price
Although all your course material will be available online; if you would also like a paper copy of the course material for 9 unit course material (paper copy) – £75 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
* Full Certificate title is: BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge) (BTEC NQF)
For further information on this qualification see: