BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering (General) – 12 unit
BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Engineering (12-unit), General Engineering pathway gives you the knowledge, understanding and skills that are needed to prepare for employment such as Electrical , Electronic Mechanical or Mechatronic Maintenance Technician, or higher qualifications.
|Course Code:||L3E-AME12G (CGSM5)|
|Course incl. BTEC reg. fee:||£1825.00 (or £120/mth)|
|Format:||On-line distance learning|
|Award:||BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering (GE) – 12 unit*|
|Study Time / Duration:||Flexible – up to 720 Hours / 48 months|
|Requirements:||Age: 18+ Yrs|
BTEC Level 3 Diploma (12 Unit course)- Up to 96 UCAS points
Qualification number (QN): 601/9054/1
In 2013, the UK government began to reform skills training, with the aim of making them more rigorous and responsive to employers’ needs. Pearson (Edexcel) has been working closely with employer groups, referred to as Trailblazers, in the development of technical knowledge at BTEC level 3. These qualifications were designed to meet the requirements of an engineering apprenticeship and also to prepare students for progression to a range of higher education programmes. Under government business and educational rules, these qualifications have been designed to be:
- relevant to individuals and employers and affordable for all sizes of business and for individuals
- rigorous and based on a robust future-looking occupational standard designed and assessed by the sector
- recognised as worthy of investment, giving a clear signal of the economically valuable skills, knowledge and understanding required in an occupation now and in the future.
Tecol has been accredited by Pearson to offer this new 12-unit diploma, which provides a greater choice of technical units and progression paths, such as HNC/D
The qualifications give learners the opportunity to:
● develop core skills in communication, mathematics, health and safety in the engineering workplace
● develop their technical knowledge, in a wide range of mechanical and electrical engineering fields
● achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 qualification.
The 3 core units of this course are:
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Communication for engineering technicians
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
Plus 9 technical units:
- (8) Mechanical Principles of Engineering Systems
- (9) Applications of Mechanical Systems in Engineering
- (12) Engineering Drawing for Technicians.
- (16) Engineering Secondary and Finishing Techniques
- (19) Selecting and Using Programmable Controllers (PLCs)
- (28) Electrical Technology
- (31) Features and Applications of Electrical Machines
- (4) Engineering Project (Double unit)
Each unit is further split into bite sized topics to make studying easier via our online Moodle education platform. You will be have 2 assessments for each unit. If you have specific unit requirements which are different than those listed above, please indicate these on your enrolment form and discuss with your tutor.
These qualifications are supported by:
- The Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing Apprenticeship Employer Group, which includes, Jaguar Land Rover, Toyota, Ford, BMW, Vauxhall, Aston Martin, Nissan, GTA England
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) professional society for the engineering and technology community
- The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) professional engineering institution
- Semta, The Sector Skills Council for the Engineering sector
- The National Forum of Engineering Centres (NFEC).
To get started and enrolled please select payment choice (all prices include BTEC registration fee):
|Full Payment:||£1825 single payment|
|Payment Plan:||£125 deposit followed by 15 monthly payments of £125|
If you already have 9-unit BTEC Award, you can upgrade to the next level (12 units) by completing only 3 additional units
|Upgrade Full Payment||Addional 3 Units £550 single payment|
|Upgrade Payment Plan:||Additional 3 Units £100 deposit followed by 10 monthly payments of £50|
* Full title is: BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge)(BTEC NQF)
For further information on this qualification see: