Level 5 – HND in Engineering (General)
A BTEC Level 5 HND in Engineering (General) qualification gives you the knowledge, understanding and skills that are need to prepare for the next step in your career with a widely recognised higher level qualifications.
|Course Code:||L5E-ZTU46, L4E-ZTU46|
|Course and Registration Fee:||£2350 (L5 top-up), £4275 (full course)|
|Award:||BTEC Level 5 HND in Engineering (General) (RQF)|
|Duration / support:||Flexible – up to 32 (top-up), or 60 months (full course)|
BTEC L4 HNC (for L5 top-up) or
BTEC L3 dip/cert (full course)
HND in General Engineering
HND General Engineering is to the latest fully accredited RQF standard and focuses on the education and training of engineers/technicians who are employed at a professional level in a variety of types of technical work, such as in systems design, manufacture, maintenance and technical services areas of the mechanical, electronic and electrical engineering industries. Further, with the increasing importance of climate change and its impact on engineers, a unit discussing this topic has been included on all courses. It also provides:
- opportunities to achieve a nationally recognised level 5 technical qualification
- opportunities for progress to higher education vocational qualifications, such as a full- or part time degree in engineering
- opportunities for learners to focus on the development of the higher level skills in a technological and management context
- specialist studies relevant to individual vocations and professions
Note: Since 2017, the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) replaced the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) for HNC/D in Engineering courses.
Completing both BTEC level-4 and level-5 units, the HND course offers a balanced programme of engineering principles, design and applications within manufacturing, electrical and mechanical fields. Completing this course will allow you to progress your career or progress to level 6 (final year) of University engineering degree courses.
You can find out more about the content of this Diploma by clicking on the level 5 units below:
- Research Project (H34 = 2 UNITS)
- Professional Engineering Management (H35)
- Further Mathematics (H39)
- Lean Manufacturing (H49)
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology (H50)
Plus two more units from:
For level 4 general engineering units go to our HNC page for details.
Each unit is further split into bite sized topics to make studying easier via our online Moodle education platform. You will be have 2 assessments for each unit. To find out more on their content, simply click on each unit above.
- The full course covers level 4&5 units, and are for learners with an appropriate level-3 qualification.
- The other options mainly cover level-5 units, and are for learners with an appropriate level-4 qualification.
- For UK residents where English is your second language an appropriate English qualification such as PTE 51 is required by Edexcel
- For specific entry details see HND home page . Note if you order a course, but don’t meet the entry requirements, a full refund will be given and advise on your best qualification pathway
Full HND Payment Options
To get started and enrolled please select payment choice (all prices include BTEC registration fee & VAT):
|Full HND Payment:||£4275 single payment|
|21 Month Payment Plan:||£215 deposit followed by 21 monthly payments of £215**|
|10 Month Payment Plan:||£440 deposit followed by 10 monthly payments of £440**|
New HNC (RQF) to HND top-up
|Full Payment:||£2350 single payment|
|21 Month Payment Plan:||£125 deposit followed by 21 monthly payments of £125**|
|10 Month Payment Plan:||£230 deposit followed by 10 monthly payments of £230**|
HNC upgrade options assumes you are stepping up to HND from the 2017 RQF HNC specification. (If its an older HNC see below these options on how to upgrade)
Older HNC (QCF) to HND top-up
*Upgrading (Mapping) from older QCF HNC qualifications (pre 2017), will require to complete some additional or parts of HNC units as required and mapped by Pearson (Edexcel)
|Full Payment:||£2985 single payment|
|21 Month Payment Plan:||£155 deposit followed by 21 monthly payments of £155**|
|10 Month Payment Plan:||£290 deposit followed by 11 monthly payments of £290**|
To have your existing QCF HNC mapped please contact us at email@example.com. **Note the total support time for a Mapped HND is 48 months
** We will contact you with direct debit arrangements