Level 5 – HND in Engineering (Mechanical)
A BTEC Level 5 HNC in Engineering (Mechanical) qualification gives you the knowledge, understanding and skills that are need to prepare for the next step in your career with a widely recognised higher level qualifications.
|Course Code:||L5E-ZTU47, L4E-ZTU47|
|Course and Registration Fee:||£2350 (L5 top-up), £4275 (full course)|
|Award:||BTEC Level 5 HND in Engineering (Mechanical) (RQF)|
|Duration:||Flexible – up to 32 (top-up), or 60 (full) months|
BTEC L4 HNC (for L5 top-up) or
BTEC L3 Cert/Dip (for full course)
A BTEC Level 5 HND in Engineering (Mechanical) qualification gives you the knowledge, understanding and skills that are need to prepare for the next step in your career with a widely recognised higher level qualifications.
Mechanical Engineering is all about designing, developing, maintaining and improving mechanical systems. Further, with the increasing importance of climate change and its impact on engineers, a unit discussing this topic has been included on all courses. This HND qualification is to the latest fully accredited RQF standards and is about:
- providing opportunities for engineers/technicians to achieve a nationally recognised level 5 vocationally specific qualification
- providing opportunities for progress to higher education vocational qualifications, such as a full- or part time degree in engineering
- providing opportunities for learners to focus on the development of the higher level skills in a technological and management context
- providing specialist studies relevant to individual vocations and professions
Note: Since 2017, the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) replaced the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) for HNC/D Engineering courses.
HND in Mechanical Engineering – Content
Having completed your 8 unit level 4 HNC, this HND level 5 course offers a balanced programme of engineering principles, design and applications within manufacturing, electrical and mechanical fields.
You can find out more about the content of this Diploma by clicking on the level5 units below:
- Research Project (H34 = 2 UNITS)
- Professional Engineering Management (H35)
- Further Mathematics (H39)
- Advanced Mech Principles (H36)
- Virtual Engineering (H37)
Plus two more units from:
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology (H50)
- Further Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) (H42)
- Sustainability (H51)
For level 4 mechanical units go to our HNC page for details
- The full course covers level 4 & 5 units, and are for learners with an appropriate level-3 qualification.
- The other options mainly cover level-5 units, and are for learners with an appropriate level-4 qualification.
- For UK residents where English is your second language an appropriate English qualification such as PTE 51 is required by Edexcel
- For specific entry details see HND home page . Note if you order a course, but don’t meet the entry requirements, a full refund will be given and advise on your best qualification pathway
Full HND Payment Options
To get started and enrolled please select payment choice (all prices include BTEC registration fee & VAT):
|Full HND Payment:||£4275 single payment|
|21 Month Payment Plan:||£215 deposit followed by 21 monthly payments of £215**|
|10 Month Payment Plan:||£440 deposit followed by 10 monthly payments of £440**|
New HNC (RQF) to HND top-up
|Full Payment:||£2350 single payment|
|21 Month Payment Plan:||£125 deposit followed by 21 monthly payments of £125**|
|10 Month Payment Plan:||£230 deposit followed by 10 monthly payments of £230**|
HNC upgrade options assumes you are stepping up to HND from the 2017 RQF HNC specification. (If its an older HNC see below these options on how to upgrade)
Older HNC (QCF) to HND top-up
*Upgrading (Mapping) from older QCF HNC qualifications (pre 2017), will require to complete some additional or parts of HNC units as required and mapped by Pearson (Edexcel)
|Full Payment:||£2985 single payment|
|21 Month Payment Plan:||£155 deposit followed by 21 monthly payments of £155**|
|10 Month Payment Plan:||£290 deposit followed by 11 monthly payments of £290**|
To have your existing QCF HNC mapped please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note the total support time for a Mapped HND is 48 months
** We will contact you with direct debit arrangements